Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Walnut Hill School for the Arts is seeking a faculty member to teach Math for the 2020-2021 academic year. This position will begin in mid-August 2020, with some required professional development over the summer.
Walnut Hill is committed to welcoming and celebrating a wide range of cultural, artistic, and educational backgrounds that compliments and supports our diverse student community. Walnut Hill Math programs aim to prepare students for college level study by teaching the fundamentals of critical thinking, collaboration and communication. Classes enable students to explore all aspects of Mathematics with a personalized approach to teaching. Faculty enjoy the professional freedom to develop curricula that both challenges and supports our diverse community of student artists.
- Teaching Math at multiple levels from Algebra 1 to Calculus;
- Serving as a student advisor, club advisor, and/or participating in or chaperoning school activities, field trips, and student programming;
- Supporting students and attending or engaging in arts productions, shows, exhibitions, and performances; and
- Attending and participating in community events, faculty and staff meetings, and professional development days. This includes some professional development over the summer of 2020.
- Wide repertoire of teaching skills including developing in-person and online curriculum;
- Comfort with technology and willingness to adopt new technologies as needed;
- Innovative teaching practices and a focus on skills-centered learning;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department to enhance our curriculum;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent a plus;
- 2+ years teaching in a high-school setting or equivalent experience recommended;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues;
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong collaboration and team-oriented working and leadership skills;
- Ability to balance a pursuit of academic, artistic, and institutional excellence with compassion and nurture for each individual; and
- Positive attitude, passion for teaching and learning, and a sense of humor!
Walnut Hill School for the Arts faculty are active and engaged members of the school community who are committed to collaborating and growing in their teaching practice, supporting diverse learners inside and outside the classroom, participating in school events and supporting students in their arts, supporting other faculty and staff members, and who have the ability to self-reflect on their own practice. Commitment to the school’s Core Values, of Community, Growth, Excellence, Creativity, and Respect are imperative to the success of a Walnut Hill faculty member.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter through the Online Career Center.