- Learning Support
The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Fenn School, an independent day school located in Concord, MA, for boys in grades four through nine, seeks candidates for the part-time position of math tutor.
The tutor will:
- Provide tutoring services in the following areas of math: rudimentary arithmetic and number facts, algebra, geometry, probability and basic mathematical concepts.
- Work with students in one-to-one or one-to-two situations.
- Generate student-specific goals and strategies.
- Assist each student’s acquisition of skills while reinforcing an understanding of basic concepts.
- Bridge the gap between class lessons and independent work.
- Coordinate with classroom teachers to provide assistance with assignments.
- Communicate with families concerning each student’s progress toward meeting goals.
- Promote critical thinking and self-advocacy.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Strong background in mathematics, preferably a degree in mathematics.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to accommodate various student learning profiles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest
- A current resume
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Letter(s) of reference
Please submit materials electronically via email attachment to Dr. Eden Dunckel, Director of Learning Support Services, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email. Interested candidates are asked not to contact the School once applicant materials have been submitted.