Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Notre Dame Academy- Hingham, a college preparatory high school educating young women in grades 7-12, is seeking a full-time Mathematics Instructor with an engaging approach, a creative spirit, and a passion for empowering young women. Notre Dame Academy is a vibrant, Catholic learning community, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The Academy guides young women in their personal faith formation, challenges students to pursue academic excellence, and encourages social responsibility on behalf of global justice.
The candidate would possess a demonstrated capability of teaching a wide variety of mathematics classes ranging from grades 7 through 12 with an emphasis on Algebra, Precalculus, and Statistics courses. An ideal candidate would also have experience with teaching AP Statistics, or at least a willingness to pursue training over the summer. The candidate should have a current Massachusetts teaching license and a master’s degree (or demonstrated progress in working toward a master’s degree). The candidate should be conversant with the use of technology in the mathematics classroom, detailed lesson planning, differentiated instruction, and a commitment to educating students in accordance with the mission of the School and the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
Components of Responsibility
Pedagogy and Assessment
- Align course curriculum and assessments with established NDA curriculum maps.
- Ensure frequent opportunities for formative and summative assessments.
- Provide extra help through meetings with students and through email communications.
- Implement meaningful and effective instructional methods.
- Integrate technology into pedagogy where necessary and beneficial.
- Create and maintain an organized, functional, and safe learning environment.
- Create and uphold rules and procedures that optimize learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, or related field.
- Master’s degree or progress toward a Master’s degree.
- Mathematics teaching license.
- Experience teaching Algebra and Precalculus. Special preference for experience with teaching AP Statistics.
- Willingness to participate in summer training for AP Statistics.
Christopher Bianchi, Department Chair, email@example.com