- Alumni Relations
Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Full-time, 12-month position. Reporting to the Director of Development.
The development associate plays a vital role in Meadowbrook’s small and mighty development office. This position will be responsible for all gift entry and development database management as well as assistance in all areas of Meadowbrook’s development program. The person in this role will get a wide range of experiences in development and school life. This role will offer plentiful opportunities for learning and professional growth and will have an impact on the lives of the students at Meadowbrook.
- Managing the development database including coordinating information with other campus departments and ensuring consistency across other campus databases.
- Managing all gift entry in coordination with the business office.
- Producing acknowledgement and stewardship letters.
- Conducting prospect research using publicly available sources.
- Producing reports from the database and tracking key indicators throughout the year.
- Assisting in all development events - may include evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinating Meadowbrook’s young alumni program including the 8th grade five-for-five program, the young alumni reunion, and class gatherings.
- Other school-related duties including supervising lunch tables and student dismissals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Minimum two years administrative support experience preferred.
- School development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information gathered from varied sources.
- Database management experience, research experience, and an understanding of financial terminology and wealth indicators to assess income, assets, and philanthropic activity strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills (writing sample may be requested).
- Organized and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects with competing priorities to the highest standards in a timely manner while remaining flexible and having fun.
- Accurate and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on a team in activities ranging from putting together a complex Annual Report to executing a perfect balloon drop.
- Experience working with high-level volunteers and donors preferred.