- Learning Support
- Middle School
Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators, and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged learning. The Bancroft experience empowers both our students and our employees to develop connections and embrace their unique talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. A PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, we are committed to cultivating a community that embraces differences and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
The Middle School Academic Support and English teacher will be an experienced, talented educator looking for a leadership position where passion and innovation are encouraged and supported. The teacher will report directly to the Division Head and will assist with the academic leadership of the Middle School.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in teaching English and the training required to support students in all areas of the curriculum, and an ability to work closely with colleagues to monitor student progress. Supporting reading, critical thinking, research, and writing skills for all students are central to this position. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to engage students in meaningful inquiry and collaborative exploration. Academic leadership ability is crucial in this position. Requirements for this position include leading weekly student support team meetings at each grade level, overseeing the grades and comments reporting process, and communicating with parents. The best candidates will also demonstrate an ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues across disciplines.
- Oversee the academic progress of all students.
- Support students who need extra help in their subject areas with particular emphasis on writing skills.
- Run weekly student support meetings at all grade levels.
- Create or update learning support plans and ensure they are being followed
- Plan and teach two sections of seventh grade English
- Communicate regularly with colleagues, students, and parents on student progress
- Participate in all aspects of Middle School life including advising, activities, clubs, and, if applicable, coaching
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Education (Master’s preferred)
- Three to five years of teaching experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in and enthusiasm for designing curriculum and inquiry-based learning
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction
- Strong communication skills
Essential Attitudes and Aptitudes
- A continued interest in Professional Development as a lifelong learner
- A collaborative spirit
- A willingness to participate with enthusiasm in all aspects of the school community
- An understanding of and love for Middle School students
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal