The Fessenden School, West Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by emailing a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Angela G. Garcia, Assistant Head of School.
Seeking a full-time Middle School (Grades 5-6) Latin Teacher. The successful candidate must have at least three years of experience teaching Latin to students of this age and should possess a passion to inspire and engage students in appreciating the history and culture of ancient Rome.
· Teach four sections of Latin.
· Collaborate with grade-level and department colleagues.
· Contribute to project-based curriculum development at the department and division levels.
· Connect positively with a diverse community of upper primary students and faculty.
· Embrace educational technology and its implementation in the classroom.
· Demonstrate an appreciation for and understanding of multicultural education.
· Establish a differentiated classroom based on the needs of all students.
· Communicate regularly and effectively with parents, both orally and in writing.
· Facilitate parent-teacher conferences twice a year.
· Write thoughtful academic comments.
· Serve as an advisor and club leader.
· Coach at least two seasons of sports.
· Oversee lunch, recess, and study halls as needed.
An advanced degree is preferred but not required. The ability to teach French or Spanish is a bonus. Candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Angela G. Garcia, Assistant Head of School (email@example.com).