- Middle School
Riverbend School, South Natick, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Riverbend School is seeking a part-time Middle School History teacher for the 20-21 school year and beyond.
Riverbend is an innovative Montessori school that serves toddler through eighth grade students. The Middle School (7th and 8th grade) is a blended program that incorporates Montessori teaching methods with traditional pedagogy as students transition to secondary school.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach one section each of history to 7th and 8th grade students
- Become an integral member of the Middle School team
- Participate in the life of students including advising, duties, field trips and activities
- Participate in the furthering of school culture and climate by becoming a fully invested member of the faculty
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in history education or related field
- Desire to teach and learn in multiple contexts – distance learning and modified on-campus learning
- Experience with adolescents
- Experience developing hands-on, project based curricula
- Strong oral and written communication a must
- Experience differentiating instruction based on the needs of individual students
- Committed to practicing social justice, inclusion, and multicultural education
Riverbend School is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment. Riverbend strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, or any other class protected under applicable federal, state or local law.