- Learning Support
- Middle School
JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School, Watertown, MA
Accredited by AISNE
JCDS, Boston’s Jewish Community Day School, is committed to serving families across a wide spectrum of belief and practice. The school has several hallmarks: Hebrew and English spoken throughout the day; Jewish and General studies integrated in many areas; a commitment to creative, academic excellence; and living a joyful Jewish life in a welcoming community. JCDS was founded in 1995 and serves students in grades K-8. We encourage everyone in our community to approach life with a growth mindset. We value our professional staff and invest in their ongoing development. Our professional community is rooted in collaboration, generosity of spirit, and a passion for our mission. JCDS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
A JCDS teacher models the core values of a JCDS education: integrity, perseverance/resiliency, curiosity, multiple perspectives/empathy, problem solving, reflection and evidence, and creates a student-centered, rigorous, project-based learning environment for students.
A Middle School Learning Specialist supports students with executive functioning difficulties, a variety of learning disabilities, ADHD, and social emotional difficulties. Candidates for this position should demonstrate a passion for teaching middle school children as well as a deep understanding of how to meet the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of middle school children. The candidate should possess excellent communication, organization and relationship skills and should demonstrate a desire to work collaboratively with grade level team colleagues to create a joyful, Jewish learning community.
- Meet with individual students and small groups in order to meet IEP goals and school based benchmarks
- Provide remedial support, previewing, reviewing, and writing support
- Provide pull out and/or push in services as a resource for students depending on need
- Act as Liaison between parents and teachers
- Support differentiation of curriculum in classrooms
- Consult with teachers regarding individual student progress
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and IEP meetings when necessary
- Work under supervision of Director of Support Services
- Meet regularly as part of Support Services Team
- Provide written progress reports 2x a year
- Act as consultant to school, paid directly by families
- Experienced and demonstrated expertise supporting and working with students with a wide range of disabilities;
- Experienced in co-teaching;
- Demonstrated pedagogical knowledge that emphasizes analytical thinking;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues;
- Experienced in differentiating for diverse learners;
- Skilled in fostering teacher-student and teacher-parent relationships.
- Ability to support the creation of a joyful, Jewish learning environment;
- Ability to integrate multicultural perspectives into teaching;
- Ability to joyfully engage middle school children, and to identify and address student needs;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the title of “Middle School Learning Specialist” in the subject line.
JCDS is a pluralist co-educational Jewish day school serving students from families across a wide spectrum of Jewish beliefs and practices. Visit our website at jcdsboston.org for more information.
JCDS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.