- Learning Support
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of part-time Middle School Learning Specialist.
The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Enthusiastically supporting the cognitive, social and emotional growth of middle school students;
- Providing direct academic support to middle school students across subject areas, including executive functioning skills, writing, reading comprehension, and math, by utilizing a flexible push-in, pull-out model;
- Partnering with faculty by providing suggestions for differentiation in the classroom and working together to offer targeted support to struggling students;
- Maintaining close communication with teachers, families, administrators, school counselors and outside providers regarding student progress, areas of concern and academic supports;
- Helping to ensure continuity between school and home where appropriate including: reviewing and consulting neuropsychological evaluations, creating individualized learning support plans, and implementing recommendations
- Attending weekly grade-level team meetings, meetings of the Academic Support Department, and required meetings of the faculty.
Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree and demonstrate a commitment to collaborating with the Middle School students, faculty, and parents. A master’s degree in special education, literacy, counseling or a closely related field is preferred, as well as experience working with students with diagnosed learning differences. Graduate students currently pursuing an advanced degree and/or certification are also encouraged to apply. Candidates should understand, and be familiar with, differentiated and developmentally-aligned models of teaching and learning. This is a part-time position (60%, September-June) reporting to the Director of the Middle School.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.