- Registered Nurse
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE.
Start date August 27, 2021)
Lesley Ellis, an independent school preschool-grade 8, seeks experienced science teacher candidates who are adept at supporting students in acquiring and achieving a high level of interest and mastery in scientific skills and critical thinking.
Candidates should be able to foster and maintain academic engagement and have a strong commitment to an anti-bias approach. We are looking for an individual who will bring expertise and enthusiasm to teaching and have the desire to work closely with teammates to ensure an enriching, engaging, and challenging school experience.
Lesley Ellis plans to have all students on campus full time for the 2021-2022 school year. Teachers may need to manage classes during which most students are in the classroom while a small number Zoom in remotely.
- Implement an innovative, creative, and challenging science curriculum for grades 5 and 6 in collaboration with the grade 7 and 8 science teacher.
- Implement and oversee all organizational and general communication of the homeroom in collaboration with another member of the team.
- Establish relationships with all students that are based on respect for individual learning styles, developmental stages, and temperaments.
- Foster open communication, decision-making, and problem-solving channels between parents, faculty, and administration.
- Write progress reports two times per year.
- Commitment to anti-bias education
- Collaborative nature
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with adolescents
- M.A. or M.Ed in science or middle school education
- Experience teaching upper elementary or middle school students
School year position. Competitive salary and benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Deanne Benson, Head of School
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer.