- Middle School
The Sage School, Foxboro, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Do you enjoy teaching high-school level social studies and have the energy, passion, and creativity to engage with gifted middle school students? Are you interested in joining a dynamic humanities department that promotes the qualities of leadership and citizenship?
The Sage School
The Sage School, a K-8 day school in Foxboro, MA, is a community of advanced learners marked by high morale and deep engagement in an inspiring curriculum. In a nurturing environment, students are challenged to strive, allowed to stumble, and guided to realize their full potential. A leader in the field of gifted education, The Sage School offers an academic program rooted in rich content, depth of study, intellectual rigor, and skills acquisition. Ultimately, with a balanced approach to life and learning, Sage students confidently apply their gifts, creativity, and curiosity to the world beyond Sage.
The Sage School is looking for an engaging, creative, and approachable social studies teacher to teach grades 6th-8th grade. Our humanities program is committed to interdisciplinary learning, which combines history and English. As a social studies teacher, the instructor will work closely with Upper School humanities team. Social studies curriculum includes project-based learning, Socratic seminars, historical simulations, debate, expository writing, and adaptive independent work.
The ideal candidates will
- Have a passion for teaching and inspiring students.
- Set high expectations coupled with a nurturing classroom setting.
- Use the curriculum to advance the character and social and emotional growth of our students.
- Continuously assess student comprehension and set goals with students for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other teachers and other grade levels to create interdisciplinary and inter-grade level curriculum.
- Engage in curriculum-specific summer professional development.
- Maintain a sense of humor and compassion.
- Possess strong writing skills and be comfortable communicating students’ progress with parents in narrative form and in person.
- Experience teaching high school, gifted middle school, and/or Model United Nations.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic field is required; a Masters degree is preferred
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter/educational philosophy, and three letters of reference to:
The Sage School
171 Mechanic Street
Foxboro, MA 02035