Derby Academy, Hingham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by emailing a letter of interest and C.V. to: Mike Bowler, Director of Teaching and Learning.
Derby Academy, a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 co-educational day school located in Hingham, Massachusetts, seeks a Middle School teacher (Grades 4-5) beginning in August 2019. Rooted in the school’s motto, “Improve Both Mind and Heart,” Derby’s Middle School provides students with a joyful and rigorous academic environment.
A Middle School teacher will work with grade-level colleagues to deliver instruction in language arts, social studies, and an integrated science program. In addition, the teacher will serve as a homeroom teacher responsible for the social emotional health and development of his/her students.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education, excellent written and verbal communication skills, commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, ongoing engagement in professional development, and a passion for working with middle school children is required.
The ideal candidate will:
● Have a love of working with middle school students;
● Have middle school/upper elementary teaching experience, preferably at an independent school;
● Have enthusiasm, flexibility, and a desire to collaborate with colleagues both on a grade level, department level and across disciplines;
● Have a desire to develop curriculum that focuses on authentic, real-world application of learning;
● Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, innovation, problem-solving, and the use of technology;
● Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another through student-centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment;
● Communicate with parents to provide timely and appropriate feedback regarding student progress
● Possess a growth mindset when it comes to engaging with relevant and mission-driven professional learning for themselves
A competitive salary and benefits package includes generous funding of professional development.
Derby Academy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive educational community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, color, veteran status, physical ability, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. Derby Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may email a letter of interest and C.V. to:
Director of Teaching and Learning
No phone calls, please.