- Middle School
- Teaching Assistant
Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Teaching Assistant positions at Shore Country Day School offer new and aspiring teachers an entry-level opportunity in independent school education. Teaching assistants will support lead teachers in all aspects of their professional responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties to be assigned):
- The teaching assistant will serve as an in-house substitute teacher.
- During teacher absences they will prepare lessons, lead instruction, evaluate assignments and provide feedback in one or multiple subject areas.
- The Teaching Assistant will supervise study halls and hybrid language classes as assigned.
- Perform recess, lunch, and carpool duties as assigned.
- Develop positive relationships with children and colleagues.
- Be cognizant of the developmental needs and various learning styles of children.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to perform these essential duties. This list is intended to be illustrative but not exhaustive. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job, unless those accommodations would impose undue hardship on the school.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience working with children or young adults
- Knowledge of current curricular and instructional practice
- Experience with diversity work and issues of equity and justice
- Ability to effectively listen, respond and present information to students, parents, and colleagues ● Ability to project a positive and professional image at all times
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Shows strong organizational skills, takes initiative, demonstrates innovative thinking, demonstrates professionalism, and demonstrates attention to detail
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job, unless those accommodations would impose an undue hardship upon the school.
- The employee has to ascend and descend stairs.
- he noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be higher than moderate.
- The employee will need to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly and may need to lift up to 50 lbs. from time to time.
APPLICATION: Interested applicants kindly submit electronic copies of a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Gustavo Carrera, Head of Upper School Shore Country Day School 545 Cabot Street Beverly, MA 01915 email@example.com