- Registered Nurse
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12, on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy is seeking applicants for full-time and part-time registered nurses (RNs) to support the campus Health Center.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
RNs must be readily available both for phone calls and to care for an ill student in the Health Center when necessary. The RN is responsible for overseeing the care provided to any student admitted to the Health Center and admitting or discharging any student to or from the Health Center during his/her scheduled hours. Schedules may include evenings, weekends and overnights for onsite and on call coverage.
- RN licensed in Massachusetts
- Two years of experience in school nursing or pediatric and/or adolescent nursing, preferably in a physician’s office or outpatient setting
- Understanding of developmental needs of school-aged children and adolescents
- Experience in the Pediatric and Adolescent assessment skills.
- Ability to function independently within the limits of RN practice and seek help appropriately from our school physicians and day nurses
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in interactions with children and adolescents
- Flexibility in RN role, including the flexibility to come in on short notice for a nurse who falls ill, or with longer notice for a nurse who needs to be absent for a shift
When On-Call Nurses are called in to care for a student in the Health Center, they will receive an hourly rate for the hours that they are on site in addition to their on-call rate.
Milton Academy seeks candidates who would add to the intellectual, racial, cultural and ethnic diversity of the school community. Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer.