Bay Farm Montessori Academy, Duxbury, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Bay Farm Montessori Academy has a long-standing tradition of arts integration. From instrumental performances to dramatic musical productions, our students have the opportunity at a very young age to directly understand the importance of the arts and see firsthand how artistic expression is vital to the human experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated musician to expand on this tradition.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy (BFMA) is an AMS and AISNE accredited, independent Montessori school for toddlers through eighth grade. Together with parents, the faculty and staff are professionals who work together to instill in our students a love of learning and a respect for others and the natural world.
- Develop and implement music curriculum including scope and sequence, annual plan, unit plans, weekly lesson plans for:
- Toddler (age 12 months - 2.9 years old)
- Children's House (ages 2.9 - 6 years old)
- Elementary (grades 1-3 and grades 4-6)
- Middle School (grades 7-8)
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance.
- Work collaboratively and productively with Lead Teachers and staff.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in required programs as needed throughout the year (including but not limited to off-hour school events, class plays, community events)
- Support, organize and maintain an enriching, joyful, rigorous, and authentic Montessori classroom environment.
- Evaluate each student’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding
- Select appropriate music, books and instructional aids, including appropriate technology, to enhance learning and requisition musical instruments and instructional supplies as necessary
- Cooperate with Head of School and staff in providing musical programs for school assemblies, open houses, parent meetings, and seasonal programs
- Communicate with parents and school staff on individual student’s progress
- Integrate music and theater for class performances
- Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with parents of students through ongoing responsible, timely, and respectful communication
- Keep the Head of School, Director of Education, and classroom teachers informed of issues and problems involving students, parents, or other staff members.
- Willing and able to serve as lunch and/or recess coverage.
- B.A. or higher, Masters preferred, preferably in Music Education.
- Mass. Department of Early Education and Care Certification or willingness to attain certification.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with children
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.