Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8 with an enrollment of 275 and growing. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” We believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks candidates for the part-time, 10-month position of Extended Day Teacher. The Extended Day Teacher works Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 3:00-6:00 p.m. and Tuesday from 12:00-6:00 p.m. A teacher at Nashoba Brooks models the mission of the School and creates student-centered, mission-driven learning environments for students.
Strong candidates will demonstrate experience with and proficiency in:
- identifying and effectively addressing issues pertaining to students in Preschool through Grade 3, their learning and their development.
- implementing lesson plans and assisting in developing activities that promote gross and fine motor skills.
- creating routines that recognize the importance of outdoor play.
- assisting in maintaining observational records for each child.
- communicating effectively with parents through informal daily interactions, email, telephone and written progress reports.
- actively pursuing and integrating relevant professional development opportunities.
- collaborating with colleagues, using open and professional communication.
- supporting the school community and culture through additional duties such as student supervision, attending community events, etc.
- ability to lift and transport small children as needed, including in urgent situations.
- engaging effectively in a dynamic learning community by demonstrating flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the broader community.
- Coursework in early childhood education.
- Experience working with children ages 3 – 9.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and comfort with advancing the School’s core values of diversity, service learning, and character development.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
The Extended Day teacher will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Tim Croft, Assistant Head of Lower School, Assistant Head of Lower School
- Extended Day