- Registered Nurse
Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8 with an enrollment of 265. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
The school nurse is a 10-month position reporting to the head of school and leads the design and implementation of the health services program to advance the health, well-being, safety, and learning of students. The nurse must demonstrate sound clinical judgment in developing systems for prevention, identification, and treatment of potential health concerns and conditions.
- Work closely with the student support team to maintain and enhance a positive, mission-driven and student-centered school culture and coordinate effective health services for the student community.
- Communicate effectively to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Administer routine medical care, dispense medication, and provide first aid treatment to students.
- Work collaboratively with the School safety team to develop policies and procedures for crisis intervention.
- Work collaboratively with the assistant heads to facilitate professional development training sessions for school employees on issues including first aid, blood-borne pathogens, life-threatening allergies, wellness, mandated reporting, and other health-related topics as needed.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with School policies and current state immunization and health assessment requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and reports according to professional nursing standards, School policies, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Serve as a resource to members of the School community regarding health management and disease prevention education.
- Provide emergency health care to employees.
- Serve as an active and collaborative member of the School’s student support and safety teams.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Optimistic outlook and demonstrated skill in creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the School community.
- proven track record of efficient project management with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
- Bachelor degree in nursing or related field.
- First aid, CPR, and AED certified.
- Experience using SNAP or other electronic medical record systems.
- A minimum of three years of nursing experience with a concentration in pediatrics, school nursing, primary care, or community nursing.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Danielle Heard, Head of School