Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; Girls, Grades 4-8. The School is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” We believe that diversity enriches and strengthens the community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks candidates for the full time, the 12-month position of director of marketing and communications. The director of marketing and communications reports to the head of school and is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications program to increase the visibility and promote the value proposition of Nashoba Brooks School while ensuring that the School is represented in a clear and consistent voice. The director works closely with members of the Advancement team.
- Serve as an active and collaborative member of the Advancement team (Admission, Communications and Development) to maintain and enhance a positive, mission-driven and student-centered school culture.
- Supervise assistant director of marketing and communications and a summer intern.
- Manage the production of the Nashoba Brooks Bulletin and all other School publications including admission materials.
- Develop, implement, manage, and evaluate a multi-year communication and marketing strategy, to enhance brand recognition and positive perception of Nashoba Brooks within the community.
- Manage core communications functions including publication production; public and media relations; print and digital communications; advertising strategy; social media, video, and photography; market research; and cultivating relations with local media.
- Ensure effective implementation of the website and social media strategy and content.
- Coordinate the development and management of the marketing and communications budget.
- Coordinate deployment of schoolwide and emergency notifications and communications such as cancellations due to inclement weather.
- Participate in School duties, events, and activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including content development and copy editing.
- Superior organization and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a highly productive team in a dynamic work environment.
- Outstanding creative, efficient, and effective problem-solving.
- Master’s degree and five years experience preferred.
- Familiarity with independent schools preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Optimistic, enthusiastic growth mindset and commitment to leveraging talented teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Demonstrated talent, ambition, and teamwork required.
- Ability to coach and/or lead a student activity preferred.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Danielle Heard, Head of School