- Lower School
Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks a full-time science teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year. This position is responsible for teaching Kindergarten through Grade 4 students. Candidates for this position will demonstrate a passion for teaching young children as well as a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of elementary and middle school students with a focus on students in Kindergarten through Grade 4. The successful candidate will possess the desire to work in a dynamic, student-centered school committed to continuous learning and excellence in 21st century education. A teacher at Nashoba Brooks models the mission of the School to create a student-centered, mission-driven learning environment for students.
Nashoba Brooks teachers:
- Develop and implement curriculum, daily lesson plans, and assessments for students.
- Work closely with teachers and administrative employees to support the educational, social and emotional development of students.
- Communicate proactively with students and parents, including writing individualized student reports and participating in parent/teacher conferences.
- Participate as an active member of a teaching team to support curriculum development and integration.
- Work collaboratively with teaching team members, the learning specialist, and School counselor to identify and address student learning needs.
- Model excellent problem solving and project management skills with a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
- Support effective communication and collaboration within the Lower School team.
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge in teaching science to elementary school aged children.
- Excellence in integrated curriculum development, lesson planning, technology integration, and formative use of student assessments for elementary school students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, which include: an ability to write detailed comments on students’ progress reports, including the ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully and constructively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- An ability to effectively differentiate curriculum to teach students with diverse learning styles.
- Proactive teacher-parent interaction and communication.
- A proven track record of efficient project management and problem solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
- Bachelor’s degree with significant coursework in elementary childhood education required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience teaching science in Kindergarten through Grade 4.
- Ability to coach and/or lead a student activity preferred.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Tim Croft, Assistant Head of Lower School