- Middle School
Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The School is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Summary - Nashoba Brooks School seeks a full-time math teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year to teach and serve as an advisor for middle school students. The successful candidate will possess the desire to work in a dynamic, student-centered school committed to continuous learning and excellence in 21st century education. A teacher at Nashoba Brooks models the mission of the School to create a student-centered, mission-driven learning environment for students.
Responsibilities - Nashoba Brooks teachers:
- Develop and implement curriculum, daily lesson plans, and assessments for students.
- Work closely with teachers and administrative employees to support the educational, social and emotional development of students.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students and parents, including writing individualized student reports, and participating in parent/teacher conferences.
- Participate as an active member of teaching teams to support curriculum development and integration.
- Work collaboratively with teaching team members, the director of academic support, and School counselor to identify and address student learning needs
- Model excellent problem solving and project management skills with a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
- Appropriately and effectively integrate technology and assessments into instruction to enhance student learning.
- Support effective communication and collaboration within the Middle School team.
Responsibilities of an Advisor
- Serve as an advisor to approximately ten to twelve middle school students.
- Work closely with co-advisor to plan and facilitate advisor meetings from 8:15-8:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a 45 minute X Block period once a week.
- Serve as liaison sharing important information with students, parents, and members of the 6/7/8 Team to best support student learning and growth.
Skills - Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to engage middle school students in joyful, vigorous, and inspiring learning in math.
- Excellent knowledge in teaching math to middle school students.
- Excellence in integrated curriculum development, lesson planning, technology integration, and formative use of student assessments for middle school students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, which include: an ability to write detailed comments on students’ progress reports, including the ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully and constructively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- An ability to effectively differentiate curriculum to teach students with diverse learning styles.
- Proactive teacher-parent interaction and communication.
- A proven track record of efficient project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Knowledge of social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of middle school students
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred; minimum of three years of experience teaching math to middle school students.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Kaitlyn McHugh, Assistant Head of Middle School