- Learning Support
Dexter Southfield, Brookline, MA
Accredited by NEASC
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Through a classical education and innovative programming, students learn to lead with confidence and serve with compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just miles from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About Our Team
Our faculty is made up of talented and dedicated team members who demonstrate exceptional commitment to instructing and engaging students in all subject areas. We encourage students to apply their knowledge and skills to achieve their post-secondary education goals and remain lifelong learners. In order to ensure the continuity of learning during this current public health crisis, we are expanding our talent team with on-campus assistants. Per diem assignments are available Monday through Friday for both part- and full-time roles.
You seek to share your love of learning with others. Being a highly energetic and flexible self-starter, you have excellent organizational and relationship building skills and are adept at guiding students in their classroom and extracurricular pursuits. You enjoy the rhythm and energy of an independent day school and demonstrate integrity, sound judgment, flexibility, and humor in everything you do, even during a global pandemic.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Promote an inclusive learning environment that develops an awareness and appreciation for exploration for academics, arts, and athletics
- Provide back-up faculty support, classroom coverage, hallway and dining room assistance
- Prepare and deliver lessons that align with the school curriculum and mission
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment
- Other duties as assigned, including opportunities to coach extracurricular sports
- Bachelor's degree our completed coursework in education or related subject area preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Understanding of the academic, social, and behavioral characteristics of student development
- Experience supporting a motivating and engaging learning environment, in person and online
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress, and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a community in which employees feel valued, respected, and a sense of belonging.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application to Carmen Aliber, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.