Acera School, Winchester, MA
Do you want to change the world of education? We do too. Acera is looking for an operations and administrative professional with high energy, experience, and commitment to join our collaborative, creative and highly accountable office/admin team.
Opening in 2010, Acera has grown as a bootstrap startup school from an idea to a progressive elementary and middle school program with 130 students, and our now engaged in efforts to bring great curricula and pedagogy into public education. We seek a high performing team member who wants to invest their time and talents towards education innovation! This position is a 40 hour per week position, 10a-6p Monday-Friday. We seek the right person to join our team!
Contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
Projects include but not limited to:
- Respond to basic facilities issues as needed; escalate to contractors when necessary- correspond and schedule.
- Daily recess coverage; supervision of children, as well as equipment/grounds safety checks.
- Lead dismissal team and carpool pick-up; attention to detail for smooth and safe release.
- Assist in clerical work; credit card reconciliation, online payment processing, data entry, etc.
- Checks for safety concerns and general updates for building and grounds maintenance.
- Passion for recycling is a plus.
We envision a world in which schools engage students in meaningful learning, in which teachers are freed as entrepreneurs in their classrooms, and in which students can become the best version of themselves, given each students’ unique capacities, needs, and passions. The Acera school day program provides students with unbounded access to learning, offering gifted students opportunity according to their ability not age.
The Acera community, across all its programs and partnerships, learns, discovers, and explores at a pace appropriate to each child’s unique motivation and potential. Our culture is not about
pressure; it is about freedom. We keep alive students’ innate curiosity and love of learning. We also partner with organizations beyond our walls, creating programs rich in sciences, technology, engineering, creativity and arts. We operate both as a lab school and a microcosm of what is possible for other schools. We seek to grow students’ emotional intelligence and enable them to become the best version of themselves. Our mission, across our core school day program, enrichment programs and within our partnerships, is to develop the next generation of innovators, leaders and creative thinkers who can make a positive impact in the world.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite/Google Drive.
- Salesforce database experience preferred but not necessary.
- Friendly and approachable/customer service skills - this is a forward facing position with interactions with parents and public as well as students.
- Excellent organization, follow through, and self management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mac proficiency
- Team Player. Takes direction and initiates ideas.
Culture Fit for Acera:
- A bring-it-on, can-do, let’s make it happen, whatever it takes attitude!
- A kind heart, a thoughtful mind, and a generous spirit
- Positive Getting Things Done attitude
- See challenges as opportunities for invention. Positive, the “glass is half full” orientation.
- Flexibility to step in, help and do whatever is needed to support our school and students
Salary & Job Structure
- Full Time, 40 hours (possibly with weekend work).
- Please submit cover letter, resume, comments about your personal philosophy about self management and high accountability / follow through to: hiring@Aceraschool.org
- Anticipated start date: August 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer
Acera is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability as defined and required by state and federal laws.