Pinkerton Academy, Derry, NH
Accredited by NEASC
Contract Period: Academic-year position, 180 days, 7 hours/day plus 30 hrs. meeting/workshop time time as assigned by Inclusion Facilitator, non-exempt
Supervisor: Inclusion Facilitator, ACT Program Department Assistant, PASSES Program Department Assistant, ASD Inclusion Facilitator.
Other Contact Personnel: Case Coordinator and Classroom Teacher
Qualifications: High School diploma; prior experience in special education strongly recommended; strong communication skills; flexibility; high degree of confidentiality; basic computer skills. With training and assistance, must be able to lift, move or transfer young adult sized students from wheelchair or other assisted devices and travel around a large campus. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
DUTIES: Paraprofessionals will work with a variety of students. Training will be provided.
- Provide student with one-to-one assistance.
- Provide computer support and general assistance for students within the classroom setting.
- Accompany students to various locations on campus as requested.
- With training, may be asked to assist a student with toileting and personal care.
ASSIST CASE COORDINATORS & SPECIALISTS:
- Assist Teachers in implementing modified assignments and assessments.
- Assist in implementing student’s IEP goals especially goals listed under Self Help.
- Complete student’s designated communication system.
- Direct all parent communication to Case Coordinator.
- Assist student to and from assigned bus, scheduled classes or other locations.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, Case Coordinators, and Specialist as applicable .
- Complete all forms as requested
- Participate in weekly Medicaid supervision meetings.
- e flexible and able to change daily schedule, as needed to cover for student
- Participate in professional trainings and optional Blizzard Bag Activities as assigned by Inclusion Facilitator
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Special Education Director or Inclusion Facilitator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand every 15 minutes and walk around the classroom. Most activities require 15 to 20 minutes of standing. The employee must have the ability to walk backwards, side by side with a student and push a wheelchair to various buildings on campus up to eight times a day. This position requires balance, bending at a 90 degree angle, and squatting to perform personal care activities (toileting). On occasion, may be required to operate a lifting device to transfer a student from a wheelchair to a changing table. On an infrequent basis, may be required to perform a two-person lift up to 50 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. These may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
- special education