The Park School, Brookline, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The School Receptionist is a part-time role (0.75 FTE with full benefits) with hours from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily. The School Receptionist reports to the Assistant to the Head of School and is responsible for welcoming and greeting visitors to the School both in person and by phone. Additionally, the School Receptionist is responsible for tracking student and adult attendance. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, is a proactive team member, and enjoys working with children
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a member of the Admission Team, the Receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors, providing a great first impression and making them feel welcome and comfortable.
- The Receptionist is responsible for answering the telephone, referring admission inquiries to the Admission Team, and delivering messages to students throughout the school day.
- Classroom teachers take student attendance, and it is the responsibility of the Receptionist to enter the data into the electronic system the School uses for monitoring attendance.
- Between 7-8 a.m., the Receptionist is the primary contact with the School’s transportation provider. The School relies on the Receptionist to connect with the Director of Facilities and other Administrators to ensure families have timely and accurate information regarding delays.
- The Receptionist is responsible for managing the flow of people in and out of the building. Attention to security management is important.
- In collaboration with the Assistant to the Head of School and the Communications team, the Receptionist prepares mailings and collates printed programs for major events
- The Receptionist uses the postage meter to stamp outgoing school mail and distributes incoming mail daily
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Awareness and appreciation of a culturally diverse community including racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, language and gender identity diversity is a key component of any job expectation within our community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are valued.
- Strong technology skills including the use of various web and database tools.
- Must be able to navigate a multi-building campus in all weather conditions.
- Relevant work experience in a school setting is preferred.
- Please visit The Park School Employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, and names of three references.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development program, will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their profession.
- front desk