Fayerweather Street School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Description: The Advancement Associate is responsible for supporting the Fayerweather Street School advancement team, including development, alum activities, marketing and communications, and admissions, with a focus on development and alum relations. This is a part-time year-round position that will include administrative support, database operations, research, writing, and other functions as needed. The other members of the team include the Director of Advancement & Community Engagement; Director of Admissions; Director of Marketing & Communications, part-time Advancement Coordinator, and part-time Creative Services Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support for the development process, including coordination of all advancement services functions: entering, storing, maintaining, retrieving, and reporting of all data related to advancement functions. This includes, but not limited to, entering and updating information in the development database (Raiser’s Edge NXT/Blackbaud); recording donor and community members visits and correspondence; event attendance, donations, and purchases; all gift entry, acknowledgment, and reporting; and constituent research. Produce data in preparation for Advancement Reports for Board meetings. May include back-up database support in enrollment management and admissions functions of school Core database (Blackbaud), as needed.
- Assist with Advancement events including: including fundraising, cultivation, stewardship, alum, and community events. Duties include working with staff and volunteers in planning and creating, set-up, clean-up, check-in, and event relations. May include support of admissions Open Houses and yield/new family activities throughout the year, as needed.
- Serve as ambassador of the Advancement office and school providing highly personal customer service to all current and prospective constituents as well as members of the extended community in person, in virtual meetings, by phone, and by email. Attend, and take notes, at advancement related program and event meetings (Advancement Committee, Alum League, Event Committees).
- Support the communications team with administrative tasks such as preparing pledge and commitment forms, perform mailings to donors and community members; preparing information for invitations and announcements; and schedule meetings. May include: creating content for print and online communications such as newsletters, updates, web content, social media communications; and liaison with vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with the Director of Advancement & Community Engagement to coordinate team meetings and support the team with special projects as needed.
- Other duties: as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in either advancement, database administration, or customer service environment.
- Experience in an advancement office preferred.
- Proficiency with the Google platform, Word, Excel, database and development software (Blackbaud preferred), website management, and tools of social media.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential.
- Strong project management skills; ability to meet tight and sometimes concurrent deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Self-motivation and the ability to be productive without close supervision.
- Willingness to work on weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Experience as a staff member or teacher at an independent school preferred.
- Commitment to mission of Fayerweather Street School.
Salary: Range $20 - $24/hour
Fayerweather Street School has a rich and progressive history of successfully educating students for over 50 years. Fayerweather Street School (FSS) is a co-educational independent day school enrolling approximately 200 students in Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. Located in the Fresh Pond neighborhood in Cambridge, Fayerweather offers a progressive, hands-on experiential learning environment where the pace of childhood is respected, and where children develop a love of learning, know how they learn best, and have voice and agency in their school community.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please be prepared to provide at least three references, and at least one of your references must be, or have been, your direct supervisor.