- Teaching Assistant
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
Apply here emailing a resume to Sara Kagey, HR Manager.
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students from age 3 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a US high school diploma and a German International Abitur. In multi-grade classrooms, dedicated teachers address each learner’s unique needs. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location and engaged community make it a special place to learn and grow. Our mission is to prepare students for success in a global world. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegialwork environment.
GISB is looking for a Behavioral Support Aide for one five-year-old student on an hourly basis starting April 1, 2019. The position runs until the end of June and requires three hours of classroom time each morning. Basic duties include the following:
- assisting student with daily activities & identifying emotions
- modeling appropriate behavior and interactions with students and staff
- helping student to integrate back into the group following tantrums
- supporting the student in practicing new strategies to avoid physical arguments
- guiding student through daily schedule and behavior plan
- creating a safe and positive learning environment
- communicating with teachers and parents regarding behavior management
What we offer:
- close cooperation with preschool classroom teachers
- Large bright working environment, new facility
- International community
- Compensation is $15 - $20 per hour, depending on experience.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- German language proficiency a plus
- Experience working with young children
- Experience working in special education or with behaviorally challenged students
To apply, please send a resume to Sara Kagey, HR Manager: email@example.com.