The Park School, Brookline, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade VIII independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth, and to become contributing members of the community.
The art teacher is a member of the school’s art department and reports to the Lower Division Head. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the visual arts, lesson planning, and be skilled in teaching students to work with a variety of two and three-dimensional materials. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team member who is self-directed, well-organized; has a good sense of humor; a love of the visual arts; and a passion for teaching the visual arts to elementary school-aged children.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Teach multiple sections of art Grades I-VIII
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School, a shared responsibility in partnership with the school community and the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, in particular
- Implement creative and innovative curriculum and instruction
- Differentiate instruction
- Foster a classroom environment where students feel comfortable to take risks, make mistakes and be curious
- Work in partnership with students and their families
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of teaching experience preferred
- Elementary and Middle school teaching experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of 2D and 3D media
- Demonstrated deep understanding of the relationship between curriculum, subject matter, and child development
- Experience working in a diverse community
- Strong interpersonal skills with students and adults - patience, flexibility and empathy
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Please visit The Park School Employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, a one-page educational philosophy statement, and names of three references.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development program, will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.