Solomon Schechter Day School, Inc. Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Solomon Schechter Day School is looking for a dynamic and engaging middle school Judaic Studies Teacher (part-time) for a long term substitute position for the 2019-2020 academic year. The position would start in September and end in November. The Judaic Studies Teacher reports to the Director of Jewish Life.
- Design, plan and implement lessons that motivate students and create active learning experiences.
- Prepare and implement differentiated instruction, activities and assessments that meet the needs of every student.
- Build relationships with all students, so they are actively engaged in classroom activities.
- Create and maintain a safe, well-structured physical environment that is conducive to student learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proficient in Tanakh and tefillot and knowledgeable about Jewish observance.
- Expertise in the teaching of Tanakh.
- Minimum of two years experience teaching students, preferably in a middle school setting.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
About the School:
The Solomon Schechter Day School (15 months through Grade 8) nurtures self-discovery through an innovative and engaging curriculum. We ignite a spark in students for Jewish learning and a love of Israel while fostering a caring, collaborative and joyful community.
We are looking for educators who are excited about:
- Student-centered learning. You are an educator that strives every day to create a classroom environment that is truly a community of learners, where students reflect on what they are learning and how they are learning it.
- Creativity and innovation. You are looking for a creative and innovative environment to teach, where you are empowered to identify ways to nurture and challenge students
- Small class sizes. You thrive in small class sizes, that ensure students and educators are in the optimal environment to be successful.
- Educator community. You want to work with self-reflective colleagues, who are constantly trying to learn and grow as educators, and support the learning of peers.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.