Stoneleigh-Burnham School, Greenfield, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Stoneleigh-Burnham School, an independent boarding and day school for girls in grades 7-12 in Greenfield, Massachusetts, seeks an experienced, dynamic part-time online Chinese teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year, effective August 2020. Stoneleigh-Burnham School, the first girls’ school in New England to offer the IB Diploma Programme, is committed to excellence in teaching and holds high standards for its faculty.
Located in the Connecticut River Pioneer Valley, a short drive from the Five College Consortium (UMass Amherst, Smith, Mount Holyoke, Hampshire and Amherst College), Stoneleigh- Burnham attracts students from the local area and around the world. Our mission centers around helping girls discover and use their authentic voices. Teachers who thrive at SBS are deeply passionate about their teaching and about girls’ education, are collaborative colleagues, are excited by professional growth, and are committed to fostering an inclusive community.
- Teach 2 online mixed-level Chinese courses (combined levels 2/ 3 and combined levels IB 1/ IB 2)
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Experience in teaching the IB curriculum is helpful, though not required.
- Demonstrated investment in making a positive impact on the lives of adolescent girls, both in and out of the classroom.
- Multicultural competency.
- Experience with online instruction.
Stoneleigh-Burnham strives to cultivate an inclusive community and diversify its faculty; candidates who can contribute to the diversity of the community are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience. Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Shelley Futter, Assistant to the Deans