Cambridge-Ellis School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by NAEYC
Cambridge-Ellis School is seeking enthusiastic, creative educators for our preschool Monday Arts Program. We are looking for teachers who are committed to arts-based learning and are sensitive to and knowledgeable about the developmental needs of young children.
As a successful candidate, you are enthusiastic, warm, patient and flexible. You have strong interpersonal skills, are professional and practice appropriate judgement. You work cooperatively with other adults and take initiative when necessary. You are an educator who is experienced in child-centered, emergent curriculum, and who is knowledgeable about the social-emotional development of young children. Ideally, you have EEC toddler or preschool teacher certification (lead teacher preferred), a BA in Early Childhood Education or Arts Education, and teaching experience with toddlers and preschool age children.
The Monday Arts teaching position is part-time job on Mondays, from 2:15-6:15 pm, September through mid- June, 2019-20. The role of this teacher is to introduce young children to fine arts through creative experiences, working with a team made up of skilled early educators who specialize in visual art, music, yoga and children’s theater.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment for toddlers and preschoolers
- Developing and implementing creative curriculum with team members
- Interacting with children and assisting with daily skills including some diapering
- Setting up classroom and putting away materials at the end of the day
- Sharing information with parents/caretakers about their child’s day
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or arts education
- Minimum of two years work experience in early childhood
- Arts background
- EEC lead teacher certification for preschool or toddler
- Early childhood work experience
- EEC teacher certification or intent to pursue
- Ability to get at eye level with children
Cambridge-Ellis School is a diverse preschool community with a strong emphasis on fine arts and nature. Children learn through their play and social interactions. Our teaching practices ensure that children are respected as thinkers, supported as investigators and guided by positive role modeling. We are committed to creating an equitable community and offering a culturally sensitive curriculum. We offer a professional, team driven working environment,and work closely with families to support the development of young children. Cambridge-Ellis School is a non-profit, NAEYC accredited school serving children ages 2-6 years old located near harvard Square in Cambridge, MA
Send resume and cover letter to Katie Clark, Arts Coordinator and Educator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.