Acera School, Winchester, MA
Do you want to change the world of education? We do too. Acera is looking for a passionate, empathetic and experienced teacher to lead our theater program. We seek an energetic person to join our collaborative, creative teaching team.
Opening in 2010, Acera has grown as a bootstrap startup school from an idea to a progressive elementary and middle school program with 130 students, and we are now engaged in efforts to bring exciting curricula and pedagogy into public education. We seek a high performing team member who wants to invest their time and talents towards education innovation!
This position is part-time.
Please contact email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
- Creating and leading 50 or 80 minute classes in theatre and improv on Wednesday mornings (9 am - 12pm) for elementary age students
- Leading Middle School after-school theater club on Wednesday afternoons (3-6pm), leading to December and May final performances
- Supporting student groups to prepare and bring alive theater performances which are built around students’ ideas. Encouraging students to express on stage in a way the enables them to try new things and develop into the best version of themselves.
- Creating opportunities to bring performances out of the school and into the community by way of larger scale productions, theater competitions, and conferences.
We envision a world in which schools engage students in meaningful learning, in which teachers are freed as entrepreneurs in their classrooms, and in which students can become the best version of themselves, given each students’ unique capacities, needs, and passions.
The Acera school day program provides students with unbounded access to learning, offering gifted students opportunity according to their ability not age.
The Acera community, across all its programs and partnerships, learns, discovers, and explores at a pace appropriate to each child’s unique motivation and potential. Our culture is not about pressure; it is about freedom. We keep alive students’ innate curiosity and love of learning. We also partner with organizations beyond our walls, creating programs rich in sciences, technology, engineering, creativity and arts. We operate both as a lab school and a microcosm of what is possible for other schools. We seek to grow students’ emotional intelligence and enable them to become the best version of themselves. Our mission, across our core school day program, enrichment programs and within our partnerships, is to develop the next generation of innovators, leaders and creative thinkers who can make a positive impact in the world.
Culture Fit for Acera:
- A bring-it-on, can-do, let’s make it happen, whatever it takes attitude!
- A kind heart, a thoughtful mind, and a generous spirit
- Positive Getting Things Done attitude
- See challenges as opportunities for invention. Positive, the “glass is half full” orientation.
- Flexibility to step in, help and do whatever is needed to support our school and students
- Please submit cover letter and resume to: hiring@Aceraschool.org
- Anticipated start date: August/September 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer
Acera is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability as defined and required by state and federal laws.