The Bement School, Deerfield, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Bement School, a kindergarten through grade nine coeducational day and boarding school in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts, seeks a permanent substitute teacher for grades K through 5 to join a vibrant learning community with students from all over the United States and the world. This position would also likely entail filling a parental leave position in the late fall/early winter. Our students enjoy a rigorous, hands-on, multidisciplinary approach to learning that prepare students to be compassionate, respectful, and resilient global citizens.
The Bement School intentionally fosters community members of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, nationalities, and perspectives actively share and grow together in a truly holistic learning environment. Candidate should be:
● motivated, dedicated educators eager to collaborate across grade levels, divisions, and subjects
● knowledgeable about child development and learning styles
● flexible with a sense of humor and joy in working with children
● experienced in project-based learning and prudent integration of technology
● committed to individual and professional growth and to working on a team
● ready to cultivate relationships with students, parents, colleagues, and a wider community
● familiar with, and motivated by, the new challenges in our shoes of being part of an independent boarding school community
The Bement School offers a competitive salary, retirement program, and full benefits package. Compensation will commensurate with experience.
A bachelor's degree is required; a masters degree and at least three years teaching experience are preferred. Bement is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who represent diversity for the school are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send CV and three references to:
The Bement School
P.O. Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
Or email materials to: