The Park School, Brookline, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Founded in 1888, Park is a leading Pre-K to Grade VIII independent school located on a 34-acre campus in Brookline, Massachusetts. We are a close-knit community that benefits from a diverse body of approximately 540 students and over 130 passionate faculty and staff. Our community is distinguished by genuine and warm relationships between students, teachers, and families and by small class sizes at all levels.
Park is committed to being a diverse, metropolitan, co-educational day school. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, or family composition. Central to our mission is an appreciation of similarities and differences of perspective and the interdependence of all people. As a family school, our community is one in which the dignity of each child, teacher, staff member, and parent is respected.
The Park School is seeking a permanent substitute teacher. This full-time role will require that the hours of 8:00 am to 3:00 pm be dedicated to remaining available for both planned and unplanned teacher absences. Permanent substitute teachers are expected to review class plans as far ahead as possible in order to ensure a seamless transition for the students. Permanent substitute teachers are also available to lend an extra set of hands to any teachers in need of support throughout the day.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Available and on campus during school hours (8:00am - 3:00pm) to fulfill any predetermined or as-needed coverage requirements.
- Work with teachers and Sub coordinator to fully understand and implement lesson plans while the teacher is absent, including preparation outside of classroom time.
- Opportunities to participate in other areas such as athletic coaching or working with our After School Program are available.
- Attendance at mandatory meetings is required.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with children in Grades Pre-K to 8.
- Collaboration, flexibility, a nurturing disposition and a love of working with children are essential.
- Respectfully engage with a diverse community and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School.
- The successful candidate will have experience teaching, effective and respectful class management skills, an understanding of the social/emotional development of children, be team-oriented and possess an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with elementary and middle school aged children
- Please visit the Employment Page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, and names of three references. https://www.parkschool.org/About-Park/Employment
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development program, will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their work.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.
- Substitute Teacher