Charles River School, Dover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school located 16 miles west of Boston. We nurture each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an energetic and community-minded Physical Education Teacher & Athletics Coordinator. This is a full-time 10 month position, in which the candidate will work closely with the Director of Athletics/Head of Physical Education. The successful candidate must exhibit a passion for athletics and a commitment to working with children. He/she should have proven experience communicating with multiple constituents, including but not limited to parents, coaches, teachers, officials, and other members of the school community.
- Teaching Physical Education and Wellness classes to PreK through 3rd Graders
- Coordinating with different grade level teachers to develop cross-curricular activities and classes
- Coaching 2-3 seasons a year (based on necessity)
- Assisting in athletic facilities preparation (lining athletic fields, game-day setup/breakdown, etc.)
- Organizing uniform inventory, cleaning, and distribution
- Confirming athletic team transportation
- Confirming athletic officials
- Writing bi-annual student reports
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in education & athletics
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Coaching and playing experience preferred, especially experience coaching children in a variety of sports activities
- Proven ability to promote skill development, team spirit, competition, ethical conduct, and leadership.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to keep accurate logs and /or written records of all events
- Ability to demonstrate great customer service skills in daily interactions with students, parents, and coworkers.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who represent diversity. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Director of Athletics Paul Rupprecht (email@example.com).