Chapel Hill - Chauncy Hall School, Waltham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is seeking a creative, progressively minded, and hard-working educator to teach in our Science Department and work in our co-curricular program beginning in the 2021-22 school year. As a school that embraces Multiple Intelligences philosophy, we seek teachers who work diligently to reach all learners and believe, as we do, that it is not “how smart you are” but rather “how you are smart.” This position would involve teaching three sections of Physical Science & Engineering (our 9th grade science course) with an average of 10 students per class, as well as an elective course in science, likely either Advanced Physics or Astronomy. Our teachers also participate in two seasons of our co-curricular program as coaches and/or activity leaders.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A creative and progressive approach to teaching and learning
- Willingness to work hard and have fun
- A working understanding of Multiple Intelligences philosophy
- A commitment to interdisciplinary work
- Prior teaching experience in the sciences
- An academic background, and preferably a major, in science
- Ability to contribute positively to our co-curricular program; particular consideration will be given to athletic coaching and/or technical theater experience
For more information about Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall, please visit our website at www.chch.org.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Josh Bubar, Assistant Head of School, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is an equal opportunity employer.