Park Street School, Boston, MA
Park Street School seeks a mission-driven Principal with visionary leadership, passion, and commitment, to join a strong administrative team. The Principal will be responsible for educational leadership, including instruction, curriculum, assessment, and professional development. The Principal will support personnel to provide the learning environment for student growth and development, both educationally and personally.
- Actively support the mission, vision, and promotion of Park Street School to the internal and external community
- Promote a positive and supportive climate that fosters academic success for all students
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and specialists to support the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs affecting students’ success
- Oversee and assure the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive integrated curriculum and the implementation of student assessment
- Work with staff to plan, coordinate, and support special events and parent meetings
- Develop positive collaborative relationships between families, staff, school, and community
- Oversee faculty, including recruitment, selection, evaluation, supervision, retention, and dismissal
- Support and monitor the professional growth of teaching staff including professional development, staff observations, and staff communication
- Manage scheduling and program decisions
- Cultivate consistency among staff in enforcing the school-wide objectives and policies
- Help oversee school-wide strategic planning and problem solving
- Keep the head of school informed regarding student, parent and/or staff issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the head of school
- Stay current in educational practices
- Some night and weekend work required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is preferred
- At least 5 years of teaching; and 2 years of leadership/coaching is required
- Reflective practitioner who demonstrates continued growth professionally
- Dynamic instructional leadership with knowledge of how to effectively develop, implement, and integrate curriculum
- Experience using data and research to drive decision-making
- Commitment to 21st century learning skills for all students
- Knowledge and application of instructional technology
- Collaborative leadership style – committed to developing and supporting a collaborative culture
- Clearly and effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Belief and alignment with the Park Street School’s mission – a commitment to Christian education and academic excellence - must be able to sign the school’s Statement of Faith
Strategically located in historic Beacon Hill, Park Street School is a neighborhood school that seeks to unite children of diverse racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds from Greater Boston in a nurturing school of the highest academic standards.
Park Street School is grounded in a content-rich curriculum that lays a foundation of knowledge, built upon, and expanded in each grade. Our children engage in hands-on activities, learn to think creatively and solve problems methodically. Their growth as unique individuals – academically, spiritually, emotionally and physically – is fostered with intention in a nurturing environment. They develop a strong sense of self and place, learning to invest in their communities and the world around them.
Exemplifying a Christian world view, Park Street School is an equal opportunity employer and is continuously striving to maintain a faculty and staff with varying backgrounds and cultural experiences. Values that we hold high are trustworthiness, honesty, diligence, open communication, fairness, and politeness. All employees and volunteers at Park Street School work together to fulfill the school’s Mission Statement. We expect to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
For more information, visit us at www.parkstreetschool.org
Interested candidates, please e-mail the following items to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the “Subject Line”:
- A cover letter, current resume, and transcripts
- Three (3) professional references that can speak to your qualifications and experience(s) regarding this specific position
- Brief answers to the following:
- Describe your personal statement of faith and how you would integrate faith into your daily work responsibilities.
- What does “Christian education” mean to you and what motivates you to work in that specific environment?