The Fessenden School, Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply Here by submitting your cover letter and resume.
Seeking a part-time, hourly Middle School (Grades 5 and 6) and Upper School (Grades 7-9) Private Lesson Piano Instructor. We seek a professional artist and educator who is passionate about the piano, creates a dynamic learning experience, and will instill a love for musical expression in pre-adolescent boys.
- Teach 5-10 private, 45-minute, one-on-one lessons a week to students on the piano
- Acquire appropriate teaching materials and resources
- Teach music theory, aural skills, and practical techniques to students
- Motivate pupils and encourage progress
- Interact and communicate with academic staff and parents
- Assess students’ abilities, provide feedback, and write comments at the end of each trimester
- Prepare students to perform in school music concerts
- Collaborate with other music faculty on music concerts
- Record weekly, hourly lessons, and submit monthly time sheets to supervisor
A music degree with a teaching or music education background is required.
Pay is on an hourly basis.
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Kristina Abella, Interim Co-Director of Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Fessenden School is an independent boys’ boarding and day school for Pre-Kindergarten through 9th grade, located in West Newton, MA. For more than 100 years, The Fessenden School has offered state-of-the-art facilities, curriculum, and programs specifically designed to meet the educational needs of boys.
- Middle School
- Private Lesson