The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Assistant Director of Admissions assists in the daily operations of the Admissions Office and plays a key role in the strategy, planning and execution of recruitment, admission and retention initiatives of Rashi students. The Assistant Director of Admissions must effectively articulate Rashi’s mission and programs to prospective students and parents, educators/administrators, clergy and synagogue administrators, independent educational consultants, and colleagues at partner organizations. Confidentiality, professionalism, and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing responsibilities are essential. The Assistant Director is expected to use personal judgment and discretion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Respond to all admission inquiries in a personalized, professional and timely manner.
- Proactively recruit mission-appropriate students.
- Manage a portfolio of prospective families through all stages of the sales cycle: from lead generation and cold-calling through cultivation, engagement and commitment.
- Work with the Director of Admissions and Communications Manager to ideate and execute marketing initiatives, such as email marketing, web content, in-person/virtual events, collateral, advertising, direct mail, social media, and merchandise.
- Conduct tours of Rashi facilities, in person and virtually.
- Serve as a key member of the Admissions Committee, actively participating in various phases of the student admissions process, including assessments, interviews, decisions, communications, and enrollment.
- Analyze admissions data and develop projections/models for the Admissions Office. Assist in the preparation of comprehensive, data-driven reports related to recruitment, enrollment and retention for School leadership and Board of Trustees.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance & Operations and the Admissions Associate to assist families in the financial aid process.
- Work with the Director of Admissions to grow relationships within the Jewish and Greater Boston community that will strengthen Rashi’s reputation as a superb option for K-8 families. Represent the school to various educational, community, governmental and religious organizations and maintain positive working relationships with them.
- Effectively utilize Rashi’s online admissions system to manage admissions process. Ensure the integrity and completion of electronic admissions files.
- Develop Admissions event programming. Manage and attend events in conjunction with the Director of Admissions and Admissions Associate. Oversee outreach to Rashi administrators, faculty, students, parents and alumni to ensure participation/attendance.
- Partner with the Director of Admissions to manage Rashi’s Parent Ambassadors Program.
- Participate in the annual re-enrollment process.
- Maintain positive relationships with Rashi parents to ensure school satisfaction and student referrals.
- Participate in appropriate professional development opportunities and stay apprised of admissions best practices, independent school industry trends, and K-8 demographics.
- Model ethical behavior, professionalism, collaboration and leadership for the greater Rashi community, including students, faculty, staff, parents, trustees, alumni, donors and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years professional admissions experience (more experience a plus)
- Familiarity with online admissions software such as SchoolAdmin
- Facility with Google Suite
- Some evenings and weekends required
- Reliable home internet connection
- Ability to provide own transportation to off-site events
Other Requirements: This position requires a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, along with the ability to work with a wide range of constituents from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational skills required. Knowledge of AISAP Ethical Behavior & Best Practices and/or NAIS Principles of Good Practice desirable.
- Able to use telephone and computer.
- Able to walk, stand, and speak to prospective families on a School tour for 45+ minutes.
- Able to listen/hear and communicate orally.
- Able to carry 10+ pounds.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
Per Summary of Employee Benefits for current year (see attached)
About The Rashi School:
The Rashi School is the Boston area's Reform Jewish independent school serving students in grades K–8. Located in Dedham, Massachusetts, the mission of The Rashi School is to provide a dynamic, child-centered program of academic excellence that integrates rich secular and Jewish studies curricula and nurtures in its students’ critical minds and compassionate hearts.