- Learning Support
Learning Prep School, West Newton, MA
Title – Reading Specialist
UFR Title: 134
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience
- Valid reading specialist certificate
Reports to: High School Principal
Job Goal: To provide leadership, coordination, collaboration and innovation in ElA curriculum, instruction, and study skills enabling each student to derive maximin benefit from the school’s programs.
- Assists classroom teachers in the diagnosis of students and collaborates in planning the instructional strategies.
- Assists in the selection of appropriate materials utilized by the classroom teacher for corrective measures.
- Provides demonstrations of new methods and materials (i.e. team teaching)
- Plans and conducts periodic evaluations to assess the need for changes in the reading program
- Serves as a resource to teachers and administration in areas of reading instruction and curriculum.
- Provides leadership in the curriculum review, development, and implementation of the ELA program
- Assesses the reading referrals of parents/guardians, teachers, and support staff.
- To provide for remedial instructional needs of students through collaboration with staff, occasional small group instruction and staff development in content area reading strategies.
- Ensures that reading is a component of all content areas of the school
- To provide for the integration of study skills throughout the educational program through small group work with students and collaboration with staff.
Work Year: 186 days
Note: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
To apply: email a resume and cover letter to John Zamagni email@example.com
- Reading Specialist