The Fessenden School, West Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by emailing Lindy Gruen, Director of Administrative and Strategic Affairs.
Position Overview: The receptionist will staff the School’s reception area by greeting visitors, answering and directing incoming calls; keeping the lobby area tidy; and performing a range of office support activities including routine data entry and administrative tasks. The receptionist will work directly with employees and visitors providing courteous, friendly, and professional assistance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
● Answer main phone line and transfer calls as needed
● Maintain phone system directories (electronic and print)
● Partner with technology office for phone system maintenance
● Greet and direct visitors with a calm and friendly demeanor.
● Sort and organize incoming and outgoing mail and packages
● Coordinate mailing fulfillment projects with school offices and outside vendors
● Stock mailroom supplies and keep the room organized and tidy
Department Office Support (examples, not limited to):
● Prepare name tags for events
● Enter and/or update data to ensure database integrity and data standards
● Assist the business office with invoicing (collate, stuff envelopes, affix postage) and collecting forms
● Perform all other duties and administrative tasks as assigned by the Director of Administrative and Strategic Affairs
Qualifications & Skills:
● Professional, personable, and calm demeanor
● Technology: proficient in GoogleApps including Gmail, GoogleDocs, Google Sheets Google Calendar; creating and manipulating spreadsheets, assorted documents, mail merges, and labels; and facility working with databases
● Well organized and strong attention to detail
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Discretion and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters appropriately
● Capability to operate and maintain office and mailing equipment
● Able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand to sort mail, and operate a computer, mail equipment, and copier
● Successful completion of background investigations including criminal (CORI) and sex offender (SORI); also must pass a physical examination at no cost to applicant
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com(no phone calls, please). At some point during interview process, the School will require a list of references with name, title, phone number, and email address. (References will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission.)
The Fessenden School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, conditions, and privileges of employment.
The Fessenden School encourages applications from candidates with diverse or minority backgrounds.