- Registered Nurse
Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Registered Nurse - Part-time Kingsley Montessori is in search of a Registered Nurse for two days per week (Tuesday and Thursdays) starting October 1st, 2019.
ABOUT US: Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is a premier, independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools.
- Maintain appropriate data and record keeping, to include yearly physicals, immunizations, medication administration plans, emergency action plans and obtain parental consent forms when necessary.
- Administer and/or supervise the administration of prescription medication to students.
- Coordinate care for students attending off-campus events.
- Serve as a resource to staff for medical/health related purposes involving students.
- Identifies abnormal health findings when making a nursing assessment
- Develops and implements a student health plan
- Interprets the health status of students to parents and school personnel as necessary.
- Maintains, evaluates and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate the individual needs of students
- Provides for emergency nursing management for injuries/illnesses
- Assists in the control of communicable diseases
- Documents all student interactions within the electronic health record.
- Assumes other general related responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Adheres to the adopted policies of Kingsley Montessori School including, but not limited to, the medication administration policies and food allergy policies.
QUALIFICATIONS OF PREFERRED CANDIDATES:
- Massachusetts license as a Registered Nurse
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Prior experience in pediatrics preferred
- Possess a high-level of interpersonal skills, general pleasant demeanor and respectful attitude towards all members of our community
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance student wellness and achieve common goals
- Commitment to best practices in clinical nursing
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child and family
- Experience using Magnus Health Portal preferred but not required
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL:
A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience ● A current resume
Karen Diamond Assistant to the Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org