Applewild School, Fitchburg, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Employer: Applewild School
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Type: Parttime, combined with teaching or other duties to create full time role, 9 Months
Salary: Not Specified
Estimated Start Date: 7/1/2020
Category: Residential Life
Benefits: Health Benefits, Campus Housing, Retirement Contribution
Residential Life Associate
Applewild School has welcomed international students for over a decade and is now opening a dormitory for 18 students in grades 5-9 in Fall 2020. We are looking for two Residential Life Associates who will work with and for the Director of Residential Life to supervise a high quality small-scale junior boarding program of the highest caliber.
Key responsibilities include:
We are seeking a special person to carry out these following residential life mission-critical functions:
- Help boarding students become integrated into the broader Applewild community.
- Proctor study hours and supervise the limited use of technology in the dorm.
- Interact with boarding parents, addressing their concerns and reporting these to the Director.
- Participate in student orientation programs
- Rotate on duty a third of the time, and cover for other residential life staff should illnesses or other unforeseen events occur.
- Be able to drive students in 15-passenger van to outings and airports as needed
- Supervise boarding students ensuring they arrive at breakfast and school on time in the morning, and return for study hall and dorm time after dinner.
- sensitively and adroitly address student life issues such as homesickness, etc.
- interface with faculty to ensure all boarding students are thriving
- Serve as an exemplary role model for students as a culturally-sensitive person of character.
- Embrace Applewild’s Core Values and inspire students to do the same.
- Participate in a one-to-two day training retreat for dorm parents
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to discuss matters concerning the Residential Life Program
- Participate in new student orientation for Residential Life students
- Assist with logistics associated with student travel
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with the Director of Residential Life & Auxiliary Programs
- Coordinate the selection, training and performance of residential life leaders
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 1 to 10 years of teaching and/or administrative experience in a school or youth-serving organization such as summer camp
- Understand and value the amazing development journey which our junior boarding students experience
- Successful track record of working with a wide range of people
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with a professional and empathetic approach
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working with a wide range of ages in an academic atmosphere
- Clean driving record, current license and insurance and the ability to clear a CORI/SORI background check.
Available Position: Residential Life Associate
Department: Residential Life
Reports to: Director of Residential Life
Full/Part Time: (9 months)
Date Posted: September 30, 2019
Start Date: 8/1/2020
Please apply at: Applewild.org
Applications Accepted Via:
Contact Person: Amy Jolly
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
120 Prospect Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Posting Expires: 7/1/2020
- Residential Life