- Information Technology
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. high school diploma and a German international Abitur. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location, commitment to affordability, and highly-involved family community make it a special place to learn and grow. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegial, international work environment to a dedicated faculty and staff. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
German International School Boston (GISB) seeks a School Counselor to support and educate elementary, middle, and high school students through a well-prepared counseling program. The School Counselor is a member of GISB’s health and safety team and provides quality Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) to all of our students.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an all-encompassing counseling plan.
- Provide support services to individual students, small groups, and whole classrooms.
- Develop and implement proactive programming for students and staff on social-emotional and mental health topics in grades pre kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Lead weekly remote social-emotional class lessons in grades 1-4.
- Provide professional development to train teachers in SEL and collaborate with faculty and administration on social-emotional and behavioral student needs.
- Build relationships with families that support students’ academic, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Provide referral to and serve as liaison between the school and outside agencies and clinicians as needed to support students.
- Be aware of cultural differences when working with students and parents.
- Maintain relevant documentation for students and consult with the Director of Health and Wellness, Special Education Teacher, and College Advisor, as necessary.
- Master’s degree in counseling.
- Ability to work with a wide range of student personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence abilities.
- German language fluency, preferred but not required.
full-time Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Head of School
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Manager at email@example.com.