- Registered Nurse
The Park School, Brookline, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The School Nurse plays an integral role in student life at Park. The position is part-time and expected hours of work are 2-6pm daily (Wednesday hours are 1-6pm). The position reports to the Assistant Head of School for Finance & Operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an enthusiasm for caring for children and educating students, faculty and staff, and families regarding matters of health, wellness, injury/illness prevention, and medical care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate clinical competency in school nursing practice and oversee the health care for students, providing first aid care and medically prescribed support and/or services.
- Assess students’ health and refer students to urgent care or the emergency room, as necessary.
- Knowledge of and willingness to stay abreast of, ongoing COVID safety protocols as outlined by state and federal guidelines
- Be available to communicate by phone and email regarding student health concerns, as necessary.
- Maintain confidential records and other relevant health data.
- Identify opportunities for coordination with faculty on student health curriculum.
- Actively participate on the Faculty & Staff Health & Safety Committee.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to supplement knowledge that will enhance care delivered to students.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Awareness and appreciation of a culturally diverse community including racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, language and gender identity diversity.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to stay abreast of, ongoing COVID safety protocols as outlined by state and federal guidelines.
- Ability to maintain Electronic Medical Records.
- Must be able to navigate a multi-building campus in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to employees, students, parents and medical professionals.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, reach, lift and stand for long periods of time.
- At least 5 years experience as a licensed registered nurse is required, preferably working in Pediatrics or Adolescent medicine. License in MA must be current and maintained throughout employment.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nursing from a college or university is required.
- Current certification in CPR Adult/Child, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Certification from the National Board of Certification of School Nurses is preferred.
- Prior experience working in a school environment is valued.
- Please visit Park’s career page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, leadership/philosophy statement, and the names of three to five references including two present or past supervisors.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.