Tower School, Marblehead, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Tower School currently seeks qualified applicants for the position of school nurse. This fulltime, schoolyear position reports directly to the Head of School. Using best practices, the nurse will identify students with health problems and provide comprehensive nursing care.
- Recommends exclusion and monitors readmission for students and faculty with infectious or communicable diseases and collaborates with the Board of Health as needed.
- Makes appropriate referrals on health problems observed in students and consults school physician when needed.
- Collaborates with mental health staff related to students with social or emotional difficulties.
- Serves as an educational resource for students, families, and faculty.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of the school's wellness program
- Identifies health and safety hazards in the school and communicates with the administration and the maintenance staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe and proper medication administration in accordance with state guidelines and school policy.
- Communicates with families and faculty about school health policies and ensures compliance with these policies.
- Assists with maintenance of accurate health records on each student. Ensures that all students comply with immunization laws.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA standards. Handles confidential information ethically and professionally.
- Assists with collecting statistical information to meet reporting requirements
- Provides emergency care in cases of injury or sudden illness, initiating emergency response when needed. Participates in professional development programs.
- Encourages and assists teachers to help students develop good health habits.
- Provides a healthy organic snack to all students
- Assists with management of school health, materials and supplies.
- Provides CPR/ AED training for all faculty and coaches
- Promotes inclusion practices to create a safe, welcome environment for students, families, and faculty, particularly around cultural medical practices and issues of gender and sexual identity
Bachelor of Nursing required 35 years experience preferred School experience a plus 5/31/2019 School Nurse Job Description - Google Docs
Please forward application materials to Kristen Baldacci, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org