- Registered Nurse
Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Solomon Schechter Day School is looking for a responsible and caring school nurse for a one year appointment (2020-2021). The school day hours are 8am-3pm. The nurse reports to the Associate Head of School for Program and Instruction.
- Manage student health needs, including: medication administration, episodic care, wellness needs, associated documentation and communication regarding student care.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date physical and immunization records for all students.
- Conduct all required screenings and testing in accordance with the MA Department of Public Health.
- Create and implement educational programs to promote student health and wellness.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Valid MA R.N. license.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- At least five years of clinical nursing experience in pediatrics, family practice or school health.
- Ability to work independently, and also collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills to interact with students, families, and faculty.
- Possess strong computer and database management skills.
- Ability to to respond to a medical emergency in an urgent manner on the School’s property.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds.
About the School:
The Solomon Schechter Day School (15 months through Grade 8) nurtures self-discovery through an innovative and engaging curriculum. We ignite a spark in students for Jewish learning and a love of Israel while fostering a caring, collaborative and joyful community.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- We thrive to provide a comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, tuition reduction for employees’ children, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.