- Registered Nurse
The Learning Project Elementary School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Learning Project Elementary School seeks an experienced, professional School Nurse who is certified with the Massachusetts Board of Nursing to join our community for the length of the pandemic. The School Nurse reports to the Head of School and will provide health services to students on a part-time basis. The School Nurse will treat injuries and mild to acute illnesses and administer COVID-19 testing once per week on site. In this role, the School Nurse will also assist with preventive care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and communicate the importance of proper hygiene.
This is a part-time position: Approximately 15 hours per week
Responsibilities will Include:
- Advises the School on preventative measures for COVID-19 and other communicable illnesses.
- Monitors COVID-19 screening data each morning.
- Serves as a resource to staff for medical/health related purposes involving students.
- Identifies abnormal health findings when making a nursing assessment.
- Interprets the health status of students to parents and school personnel as necessary.
- Maintains, evaluates and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Assists in the control of communicable diseases.
- Provides healthcare/emergency nursing management to students in case of injury or acute illness.
- Educates students on proper hygiene habits.
- Ensures compliance with national and local health laws.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with Massachusetts license in good standing
- Minimum of 2 year of experience as a professional R.N.
- Certified in CPR, BLS and AED
- Ability to relate to and communicate with students in grades K - 6
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of an integrated team
- A commitment to the School's mission
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance student and staff wellness
- Commitment to best practices in clinical nursing
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com
2. Cover Letter
The Learning Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion creed, national or ethnic origin. More to the point, The Learning Project prizes and celebrates its diversity.