- Registered Nurse
Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school providing coeducation age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The School is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” Nashoba Brooks believes that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks a part-time school nurse for the 2020-2021 academic year. This is a 10-month, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. position. The part-time school nurse reports to and works in collaboration with the full-time school nurse. The school nurses lead the design and implementation of the health office and work to advance the health, well-being, and safety of the School community. The part-time school nurse must demonstrate sound clinical judgment in the assessment and treatment of health issues and concerns, as well as ensure that the appropriate documentation and communication protocols are followed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess, evaluate, and treat all health issues that present to the health office during the course of the school day.
- Administer and seek emergency medical assistance when appropriate.
- Ensure legal documentation of all health-related encounters, and make sure that proper communication channels have been followed.
- Lead health-related education and training for students, employees, and families.
- Work collaboratively with the student support team to help maintain the overall wellness and safety of the School community.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with both School policies and current Commonwealth of Massachusetts immunization and health assessment requirements.
- Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- Excellent clinical skills in the areas of health assessment, evaluation, and treatment.
- The ability to effectively triage multiple medical issues at one time, including emergencies.
- Experience with legally required documentation, including the use of electronic medical systems.
- Strong communication skills in the areas of active listening, writing, and speaking.
- Skill in creative problem-solving and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Commitment to continuous personal and professional growth, and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Education and Certifications
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Massachusetts or a state with reciprocity.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN), or an associate’s degree in nursing (ADN) with a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years of nursing experience in school nursing, pediatrics, primary care, or community health.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certification.
The successful candidate will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Alison Flanagan, School Nurse