- Registered Nurse
Newton Country Day School, Newton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Newton Country Day School, a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls in grades 5-12, is seeking an experienced nurse for 2-3 days per week for the remainder of the academic year (March 1- June 15). Occasional remote or on-site weekend work may be required.
- Assist in the administering of COVID-19 testing, using the Anterior Nasal Swab test
- Manage routine daily health care needs including medication administration
- Maintain cumulative electronic student health records
- Provide emergency services to and coordinate transportation of students in need of emergency care
- Follow up with student, family, school personnel, and others if a documented traumatic brain injury has been sustained
- Meet regularly with the school psychologist, social worker, learning specialist, and nutritionist to plan and implement strategies to assist students and families with behavioral health issues
- Consult with NCDS Physician Consultant to review medications, policies, and student health issues as needed
- Maintain health room data and submit reports as required by the MA Department of Public Health
- Interpret student health needs to teachers as needed
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, RN MA licensure, current CPR/AED certified. Strong clinical background in adolescent health care. Two or more years of nursing experience required.
Interested applicants should email resumes to the Office of the Headmistress: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newton Country Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.