Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Kingsley seeks reflective and intentional educators who are looking to contribute to a progressive curriculum and pedagogy. The Elementary (grades K-6) Science Teacher reports directly to the Director of Elementary (DOE) and the Director of Auxiliary Programs. The Elementary Science Teacher is responsible for developing and delivering an inquiry and research-based Science curriculum to all Kindergarten - Sixth Grade students. This curriculum should touch upon multiple Science areas including Earth Science; Human, Plant, and Animal Biology; Physics; and Engineering. Additionally, they will be responsible for working with the Elementary Faculty to integrate Science themes, concepts, skills, and topics with the overarching Elementary curriculum, in all subject areas, thereby expanding the Division’s STEAM initiatives.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver an excellent, challenging, and engaging Science curriculum to all K-6 students.
- Assess and monitor the progress of each K-6 student as they participate in Science class and labs, and provide student progress information to parents through progress reports and parent conferences.
- Stay abreast of trends and proven strategies in Science education and STEM programming.
- Communicate and model a high level of interest in Science and STEM education.
- Consistently communicate with K-6 Faculty and the DOE about all students in terms of their academic and social/emotional needs and development.
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings and participate in assigned duties such as Lunch coverage, recess coverage, and arrival and/or dismissal.
The Kingsley Montessori School’s mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an educational program tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. We are committed to the health of our students and have put in place rigorous safety measures to operate in person. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels students to access their potential.
- At least five years teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in Science Education or related education degree preferred
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- 403b plan
- Dental, Health, Vision, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Extensive, professional development opportunities, including Montessori training
- Qualified transportation program
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori certification
- Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year
- Please include the job you are applying for in the subject line
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Hilary Gillcrist, Associate Director of Operations & Senior Administrative Assistant